Sunday, August 2, 2009

A little Saturday evening scrap.







I have been a little slack lately not because I don't want to scrap but I am running out of time each day. Last night I bit the bullet and actually sat down and scrapped. One of my daughter's friends gave her this photo from sports day and I really wanted to do something nice with it. I have never owned a border punch but bought one at Spotlight last week, and I was really itching to use it. So everything came together last night. The girl's house colours are orange and yellow and the house name is Treacy, so this gives a little insight into the lo. I found some felt fozzies which I used the butterflies and the tree from and just inked them to suit. The base of the lo is actually yellow cardstock but it does not show up well in the photo.


I also found the instructions for this little box album in one of the scrapbooking mags and thought I would like to have a go at it last night. There is a lot of cutting and scoring involved and you must be really accurate otherwise the lid does not go on at all. However I must not have been too tired as the lid went on really well and now all I have to do is put some photos in it and then title the lid. I think this would be a really great present for Mothers Day or Birthdays etc as while it is sitting on a shelf it just looks like a little gift box but take the lid off and voila!!


1 comment:

Deb said...

Glad u explained the Treacy Trio title....I was baffled lol. The LO looks great - gotta luv that border punch. I luv that little box album...way tooooo cute. Certainly would make a nice pressie.