Sunday, July 26, 2009

Lets Get Shabby take two


I have had this photo of my Mum and my Grandma on Mum's wedding day for awhile. I scanned it from Mum's album some time ago and it has been sitting on my computer waiting for inspiration. Well yesterday the inspiration arrived from http://letsgetshabby.blogspot.com with their second challenge. Using gingham and florals. My first thought was Uggghhhh, however once the thinking cap went on and I checked my stash, the creative juices started flowing. The gingham paper is from Creative Memories Days, (so long ago now), but I did have gingham ribbon to match, and I have kept the Making Memories Vintage Rose Bouquet Crackle paper for just the right moment. I also dusted off the Cuttlebug and embossed the gingham paper with flowers just to give that extra "floral content". I am not one that usually scraps in this style but I am glad lets get shabby came along as I am now diversifying my styles a little. The hanging crystals just give it that yesteryear look as crystals were all the go when Mum got married.

12 comments:

Deb said...

Wowsers...that was quick...gorgeous LO and so suits that photo. I'm still thinking about mine - stash is out, photos ready, BUT nufings happning.

mandysea said...

Ooooh Rhonda! This is sooooo pretty - just as ladies in a wedding photo should be!! I KNOW what you mean about the creative memories gingham paper LOL!!! I'm going to be using mine too!!! Love love love your crystals because its soooo appropriate to the time - such a lovely touch
Thanks for playing along with us at Shabby!

Julie said...

Thes is pretty love the purple. Thanks for playing along with us at Shabby.

Jenneke said...

Beautiful!!! Love the way you combined the gingham and the floral!
Thanks so much for playing along with us at Shabby!!

Chimene said...

Wow Rhonda!!! What a beautiful and sweet page!!! I love the way you used the gingham and florals!! Beautiful papers!! The crystals are perfect! And look at the faces of your mom and grandmom, so special!!!
Thanks girl:)
xxxx
Chimene

Krissy Christie said...

Its gorgeous!Love that trim with the crystals :)

Krissy xx

Rhonda said...

Love the clour combo and the crystals are a beautiful touch. What a great photo to be able to scrap! Well done!

Toni said...

Beautiful lo!!! I really like the colors u used!!! Great job on the challenge!!!

Hilde Janbroers said...

thanks for playing along! great to use this photo, it's perfect for it!

Kerryn said...

You've used the gingham and florals beautifull!

Maria said...

Such a gorgeous page. Love the floral paper you used.
Maria

Ruth Philps said...

Fab Vintage style layout.
Isn't it funny how most of us have used really old stash for this challenge!! Gingham is the new black!!