Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Shabby Chic no 3


Wow!! Can't believe how quickly this came together. I freaked when I read the criteria for this challenge from Let's Get Shabby. I have never in 9 years of scrapping ever just used white and one colour. I have had this photo since my Grandma moved from her house to the retirement village and was never too sure what to do with it as it was damaged. Well here is the solution today!! Just love the Prima artistery and fiesta flowers and some old lace from the dress up box. The butterfly is to die for and yes I do have another one spare for another project. I think I will try this sort of project again as matching colours always takes time. I also love the great fiskars border punches; they make a plain piece of cardstock stunning. This was definitely a short but satisfying lo.

7 comments:

Deb said...

Oh! Wow this has come together so well. Gorgeous. Luv your "other colour" choice and those border punches are great hey. I have my photos - that's about as far as I have gotten (gotten is that a word blah). I can't wait to get into it but it might have to wait till 2morrow.

mandysea said...

Those flowers are gorgeous arent them!!
Your LO really did come together very beautifully! well done!
Thanks for playing along with us at Shabby!

Julie said...

Wow you were quick of the mark Rhonda. Thise flowers are gorgeous. Thanks for playing along with us at Shabby.

Jenneke said...

Beautiful!!! Love your flowers!!
Thanks so much for playing along with us at Shabby! And so quick!

Toni said...

What a pretty lo!!!! Great job on the challenge!!!

sam said...

Very beautiful and so sweet !!!
Sam
http://samounette973.canalblog.com

zandra said...

Great take on the challenge! Hugz, Z