Sunday, June 28, 2009

Inspired


Our trip to Scrapbooking Premiere gave me a little inspiration to come home and complete this lo last night. I am not usually into Shabby Chic styles, but playing with the alcohol inks yesterday inspired me to use them on more than just transparency or glass. I used them on the paper doily behind the photo and also to age the lace. (Remember to use them in a well ventilated area otherwise they can send you a little high). I adore this photo which was taken by a friend at the Mackay show and I thought it deserved extra special treatment. The beautiful flowers are from Prima...bought them at the Brisbane expo....divine!!!
The shabby chic blog http://letsgetshabby.blogspot.com has some really great ideas for these type of los as well. I think I might be visiting this blog quite often for inspiration.

I have to go to stocktake today so better finish off and get moving............have a great Sunday.

5 comments:

Deb said...

Ooooooooo I luv this - just gorgeous....talk about ESP - guess where the photo of Missy was taken on my LO - yep on the merry-go-round. I think I'll be seeing more "shabby" LO's from you (they are addictive) lol

Julie said...

Just love how you have coloured the lace and doilie on your layout. Gorgeous. Thanks for playing along with us at Sabby.

mandysea said...

Wow Rhonda! This is just lovely!
The inks on that doily is such a great idea and it looks fabulous! Love the use of your laces and flowers - and what a gorgeous pic!!
thanks for playing along with us at shabby!

Renae D* said...

looks great Rhonda...i have my merry go round photos waiting to be done!!! mums all think alike...lol

Renae D* said...

i'll stick my head in the post office or tag you at dancing...you'll know my face...lol. cant wait to see rocky horror :)