Saturday, January 24, 2009

Home again


Well, I'm home after a wonderful week with the family in Yeppoon. What a week!! Went to the Olsen caves near Rockhampton and have some fantastic photos which of course I can't wait to scrap. I have included just one in this post. Went to the Peter Brock experience in Yeppoon. Wade is a Brocky fan and Mr Peter Champion has done a fantastic job collecting Peter Brock original cars and memorabilia for the display. It was well worth the visit even though I'm a Dick Johnson fan myself. We went up to Byfield to Ferns where by having lunch at their restaurant you can use all their facilities e.g. canoes, tennis court, beach volley ball, pool, spa etc. Great food and great family day out. The pottery places up that way aren't bad either. We used the paddle boats and canoes on the causeway lake. This is a great place for the kids although it was stinking hot when we were there. We took the obligatory look (as we do each year) of the singing ship monument in Emu Park. It was really singing this time as the wind was howling. A little spooky but a fantastic monument. Unfortunately we did not go to Great Keppel as the resort has been closed, hopefully not permanently. Anyway I'm raving so I'll post the photo and talk to you all soon. (Have to get the washing done!!!)

No comments: