Tuesday, July 13, 2010

A Shabby Birthday


The challenge, to help celebrate their 1st birthday, from Let's Get Shabby, is a layout depicting birthdays and evidence of stamping. I must say I discovered some stamps that I had forgotten I had, and put them to good use on this layout. I love Kraft cardstock and found the Dotted Girl paper great to match colours of inks etc for stamping. The little cup cakes are all embossed with clear embossing powder to help them standout on the page. I thought I was finished the lo and was certain it needed something, but what? The light bulb came on when I saw a packet of party poppers in the drawer. You guessed it, I popped a couple and used their contents on my page as an embellishment. Now it really is a party page!!!!

8 comments:

Ruth Philps said...

Welcome to the party Rhonda..thanks for popping the poppers for us!!lol!!
A lovely party page and I love the tiny embossed cupcakes...thanks for playing along with us at Shabby:)

Julie said...

Great idea to add the streamers Rhonda. Thanks for playing along with us at shabby.

Deb said...

This looks great....luv the party streamers and they are the cutest 'lil cupcakes.

Toni said...

Rhonda what a fun lo!!!! Thanks for playing withus at SHABBY!!!!

Anonymous said...

This is so much fun!!love the colors and the stamps!

Maggie Armstrong said...

Lovely layout! Bright and colourful - very partyish!

zandra said...

So colorful. Great take on the challenge.
Hugz, Z

mandysea said...

What a fabulous party! Love the colour!
Thanks for playing along with us at Shabby