Sunday, May 2, 2010

Let's Get Shabby Challenge


this time is about autumn colours and our inspiration was a beautiful quilt. I decided that both the colours and the quilt were inspiration for me and it reminded me of doing samplers and cross stitch and patchwork all together. I had photos of the family competing in a cross country event recently and suddenly a light bulb went on; the words cross and country could also be used in craft!!! So my layout, which I have designed to hang, is based on patchwork, using the photographs, samplers, using different stitches and buttons, country feel, with cotton laces and fabrics, and of course the beautiful autumn colours both on the base paper from My Minds Eye and the fabrics. I cheated a little and used an X for the word cross, so it could either be a big cross stitch or a shortcut for the word Cross. I really had fun doing it, even if the machine played up a little doing the stitching. Check out Lets Get Shabby's site for more inspirations!!!

9 comments:

Julie said...

I love your take on the challenge Rhonda. Thanks for playing along with us at shabby.

Toni said...

Wow this is just Great!!! what a great job on the challenge.
Thanks so much for playing with us at Shabby!!!

mandysea said...

Wow - I love the idea of using samplers and the stitching is sooo fabulous!!! It has a lovely country feel to it!! Thanks for playing along with us at Shabby!

Deb said...

WOW! what a fabulous idea. This is a great take on the challenge. It looks fantastic.

JaN's ArTy JouRneY said...

Great take on the challenge, fab lay-out! love the patchwork feel, stitching and buttons!!

Ruth Philps said...

What a great explaination. I love to hear the reasons behind why something turned out the way it did and what made you think of it.
Thanks for psharing that and I love your x-country layout with all of its inuendos!!

Thanks for playing along with us at Shabby:)

yumiko said...

Hello!!This is so gorgeous!! I love the idea using many photos on your layout and cotton laces you used.
Thank you for playing along with us!!!

Sherry's Creations said...

Lovely take on the challenge!

Sherry
Sissey DT Member

Angela Weimer said...

wonderful take on the challenge. Thanks for sharing.