Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Shabby Challenge....


A very interesting challenge this month, using 5 different flowers, in a garden like theme along with a quote from Alice in Wonderland. My quote is from the king about going as far as you can, and I think it is great advice for kids. The photo was a self portrait Dana and I took just mucking around really. I have used heaps of different flowers from Prima, Kaiser, Bumble Bee Crafts, hand crocheted ones, bead flowers and button flowers. A great big chipboard swirl holds them all together as well as beautiful Prima leaves. A little lace and some beads on Basic Grey lemonade flower garden background paper. The birds are also chipboard. A little alcohol ink gives the quote a distressed look backed up by the distressed edge of the lo.

1 comment:

Deb said...

Luv the flower spray - the mix of colours is gorgeous. That's a great self portrait....I can never do them.