Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Australian Lo


I do apologise for not blogging lately. I seem to get caught up with the everyday life somehow and the need to have sleep here and there. However last night I started on a challenge lo for Scrapbooking Premiere and chose photos not of people but of 2 beautiful cockatoos which Wade caught on camera at Causeway Lakes in Yeppoon in January. As we had to use paint on a page I decided to use the gum trees as a theme and paint (lol me painting!) the twigs and branches and then hand make the blossoms. You know how I mentioned sleep well last night was not one of those foe 8 hours. The blossoms came up quite well for an amateur and then I sketched to branches underneath. The painting was scary but in the end it all worked out. It is not my usual style however I am quite pleased with the different look of the end result. On a sadder note please remember the victims from the Victorian fires as well as our northern cousins in the floods in you prayers. (Nature can be beautiful but oh so cruel as well.

No comments: