Sunday, September 27, 2009

Lets Get Shabby no 4


The girls have outdone themselves with this challenge. Covering the visual senses as well as using something vintage; the imagination just runs riot. My take for this challenge used quite a few vintage items, including the photo which was taken in my grandparents front yard around 42 years ago. I have used Bella paper as the base and Jenni Bowlin's XOXO card. The 3/- admit one tickets, tea bridge ticket and buttons and flowers were all from Ruby St Design packages (love this vintage stuff!), the frame is a Lil Davis Designs and I used a little Glimmer mist under the muslin for effect and to help it stick to the page. I don't often get to do photos of me so this challenge was a perfect way to get one in....

9 comments:

Deb said...

This is gorgeous Rhonda. Luv the muslin underneath. Just beautiful. And how cute is that photo!

Julie said...

Wow super cute photo. Love your layout too. Thanks for playing along with us at Shabby.

Chimene said...

Rhonda this is beautiful!!!!
What a cute photo of you!!!
Thanks for playing along with us at Shabby!
xxxx
Chimene

Marg said...

Gorgeous photo and the layout is just stunning.....
marg xx

Ruth Philps said...

Hi Rhonda, I think it's wonderful that you got the ooportunity to scrap a photo of yourself. I know I very rarely manage to do that. Love the vintage kit items....thankyou for playing along with us at Shabby!

Anonymous said...

Love all the colours you have used in this layout, very beautiful

Toni said...

Rhonda, This is so sweet!!! Luv ur take on the sketch & I luv the colors!!! Thanks 4 PLAYING!!!!

LaBonita said...

Aww... this is so sweet! Darling picture and gorgeous embellies!

zandra said...

So cute! Love your take on the challenge! Hugz, Z